The Surgical Camera Market is projected to grow at a rate of 9.20% in terms of value, from 2023 to reach USD 6,234.2 Million by 2032. Surgical cameras are specially fabricated cameras designed for various types of medical surgeries. These cameras are designed to help surgeons investigate a range of internal conditions of the patients’ body and pursue the surgical procedures. While in surgery, the surgeons need to have the best possible view of the surgical areas in order to attain the highest level of precision in the operation. Surgical cameras are designed in such a way that they could provide clear imagery vision even in the deepest center of an incision. Surgical cameras nowadays can offer increased and enhanced visualization for the medical professionals, by reaching beyond the visible areas of the surgeons and providing the desired images. These cameras can also automate a number of tasks in a surgery which drastically reduces the amount of time for the procedure and potentially increases the chances of a successful surgery.
The global surgical camera market is growing at a substantial pace as the number of surgical procedure are drastically being propelled globally. Surgical cameras have been requisite for most of the complex and major surgeries. Both the open surgery and minimally invasive surgeries are performed with the presence of high-quality surgical cameras. Improving healthcare facilities in the developing regions are effectively helping in the market growth. An increased awareness about healthcare & wellness, changing surgical patterns, government supports, and escalating volumes of implementation of the surgical units in various healthcare centers is expected to upraise the rapid growth of this market. Amongst the end-users, the hospitals segment is leading in the market owing to the incorporation and adoption of the highest number of surgical departments. Medical stores & brand outlet is dominating the market, but a higher growth rate has been forecasted for the online retailing sub-segment. North American market is being propelled by increasing the practice of adopting the minimally invasive surgical procedures and increasing expenditure in healthcare cases.
Key Coverage of the Report
- Region and country wise statistics of the global surgical camera market from the period 2023-2032. While 2016 & 2017 has been utilized as historical data, 2018 is considered the base year. 2023-2032 have been derived as forecasts.
- Estimation of the market size along with historical and forecasted trend analysis.
- Various types of alternatives available have been analyzed. Statistical analysis has been conducted on obtaining the individual share of these segments.
- The regulatory framework of each region.
- Regional up-coming research and application outlook.
- Status of on-going developments.
- Regional prevalence of ambulatory care services has been mapped.
- Demand and Supply GAP Analysis
- Regional Competitors Pricing Strategy
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments.
Salient Trends of the Surgical Camera Market
- Surgeries in the Asia Pacific countries have significantly improved in the last few decades. Modern amenities, presence of highly qualified surgeons, and extensive lower costs for the surgeries are the reasons patients in some of the highly populated developing countries in this region does not require to go to foreign countries for surgical needs. A high growth in the number of surgery departments have been observed in countries like India and China. The surgical cameras are predominantly being used in such surgical healthcare centers. Clearly, the growing number of surgical units and the extensive use of surgical camera in the end-use verticals are the key drivers of this market.
- Infrared surgical camera system to identify malignant cancerous tissue while in a surgery and intraoperative approach of reliable lesion localization and brain functional mapping in real-time with a minimal amount of risk in neurosurgical procedures have been made technically possible with the help of intraoperative infrared cameras. This new technology would unlock new possibilities in medical surgeries and help increase the market share substantially in the forthcoming period.
- High costs related to the advanced surgical cameras and therapeutic alternative of surgeries are the most prominent restraining factors for the market. Most of the mediocre and low volume healthcare centers often refrain from upgrading to the advanced camera system and retain to the older models. Besides, therapeutic procedures and medicine based curing abilities for some disabilities have lowered down the number of surgeries performed worldwide.
- An endoscopy camera is used in an endoscopy procedure in which the internal organs and vessels of the patient’s body is viewed and operated without making any large incisions. Generally, the camera is attached with a flexible tube and inserted inside a small incision for the visibility and the operation is performed accordingly. A radical increase in minimally invasive surgeries is helping this sub-segment grow with the highest growth rate of 10.6% in the period 2023 to 2032.
- The presence of cameras is necessary for minimally invasive operations. Laparoscopy, endoscopy, bronchoscopy, hysteroscopy, gastroscopy, laryngoscopy, sigmoidoscopy are some of the minimally invasive surgeries which require a tiny flexible tube attached to the video camera to carry out the procedure.
- European region is forecasted to witness significant growth in the overall market, with a CAGR of 9.1% during the forecast period. Germany holds some of the most prominent players in this region.
- North America, with its extensive demand for surgical cameras in both hospitals & ambulatory surgical centers sub-segment and escalating volumes of surgical procedures, is accounted to grow with a CAGR of 9.7% during the period 2023 – 2032. The United States has the highest market share in this region.
- APAC, owing to a higher count of the patients with surgical needs coupled with remarkable advancements in the healthcare sectors in China, and India, is expected to grow with the fastest CAGR of 11.8% during the forecast period.
Companies considered and profiled in this market study
Sony Corporation, Richard Wolf GmbH, Olympus Corporation, Carl Zeiss AG, Smith & Nephew PLC, Leica Microsystems, Allied Vision Technologies GmbH, Canon Inc., Sensor Technologies America, Inc., and Videology Imaging Solutions, Inc.
- The valuation for the global surgical camera market was USD 2.53 Billion in 2018, and it is forecasted to reach USD 6,234.2 Million by 2032.
- Clinics & dental chambers sub-segment held a market share of 28.5% by 2032, growing with a CAGR of 7.7% throughout the period 2023 to 2032.
- HD & Full HD resolutions sub-segment is predicted to retain the highest share of 57.3% in 2032, having grown with a CAGR of 10.4% during the forecast period.
- Charge-coupled devices (CCD) sub-segment is forecasted to grow with a CAGR of 6.6% during the forecast period.
- The hospitals around the world incorporate the surgical camera in all the surgical departments to obtain a higher fidelity in the operation. The hospitals sub-segment is expected to reach a market share of 49.8% by 2032, and the CAGR is forecasted to be 9.5% during the period 2023 – 2032.
Segments covered in the report:
This report forecasts revenue growth at a global, regional & country level, and provides an analysis of the industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2016 to 2026. For the purpose of this report, have segmented the global surgical camera market on the basis of sensor type, sales channel, resolution, type, end-users, and region:
Sensor Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2023-2032)
Sales Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2023-2032)
- Online Retailing
- Medical Stores & Brand Outlet
Resolution Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2023-2032)
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2023-2032)
- Endoscopy Cameras
- Microsurgery Cameras
- Dermatology Cameras
- Ophthalmology Cameras
- Dental Cameras
End-Users Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2023-2032)
- Clinics & Dental Chambers
- Ambulatory Surgical Center
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2023-2032)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America